2019 ProStart State Competition - February 16, 2019 - Portland ME
National ProStart Invitational - May 8-10, 2019 - Washington DC
THANKS TO OUR 2018 PROSTART® SPONSORS
without their support, none of this would be possible.
Performance Foodservice - NorthCenter
Sysco Northern New England
Sea Dog Brewing Company
Coca-Cola of Northern New England
Pine Tree Food Equipment
The ProStart® program is a two-year curriculum designed to teach high school students the culinary and management skills needed for a career in the restaurant and foodservice industry. Students also have the opportunity to participate in paid internships where industry managers mentor them. The Maine Restaurant Association Education Foundation, which administers the ProStart Program in New Mexico, is supported in part by the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation through its ProStart Initiative.
Each spring, Maine ProStart® students compete to earn a chance to advance to the National ProStart Student Invitational and to win scholarships. For more information on the ProStart Program in Maine or to become a sponsor, contact Becky Jacobson at 207-623-2178 or email@example.com.
ProStart National Certificate of Acheivement - college benefits for students who earn a ProStart Certificate.
ProStart Schools in Maine
- Capital Area Technical Center
- Caribou Technical Center
- Coastal Washington County Technical Center
- Hancock County Technical Center
- Learning Works
- Lewiston Regional Technical Center
- Mid-Coast School of Technology
- Oxfords Hills Technical Center
- Portland Arts & Technology High School
- Region III Northern Penobscot Technical Center (Lincoln)
- Sanford Regional Technical Center
- Tri-County Technical Center
- St. Croix Regional Technical Center
- United Technology Center
- Waldo County Technical Center
- Westbrook Regional Vocational Center
More Information on ProStart
Please take a moment to view these videos as well to see the amazing things ProStart is doing for the future generation of the hospitality industry.
• Feeding Dreams: Learn how ProStart brings industry and the classroom together to give students a platform to discover new interests and talents and open doors for fulfilling careers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaMSjDEVUbU
• Building Futures: America’s restaurants are an industry of opportunity – learn how ProStart is building a pipeline of talent to help fill the 1.3 million jobs the industry will add over the next decade.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxvmLlPhwKQ
• National ProStart Invitational: Experience the thrill of competition as ProStart state champions from around the country battle for top honors and scholarships in culinary and management events.http://youtu.be/Um8MmCgZ-34
• Student Experience: Meet the students who are discovering their passion in ProStart, and hear how it has transformed their lives. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC47y2VqW8k